TO: ALL CANDIDATES
The Plumbers Joint Apprentice & Educational Committee is open for applications on a yearly basis. The application period for the 2022 - 20223 School Year runs from May 1,
2021 to April 30, 2022. Upon completing an application with the Apprentice
Committee, the applicant will be placed on an out-of-work list. As jobs become available, the applicant will be offered employment with one of our Plumbing Contractors.
This position is classified as an APPRENTICE APPLICANT.
At the end of the application year, all Applicants are scheduled to begin the "Selection Procedure" used by the Apprenticeship Committee. The first part of the selection process is a Written Evaluation given by the Plumbers Joint Apprentice and Educational Committee.
After taking the Written Evaluation, the applicant will be scheduled for an interview with the Apprenticeship Committee. This Committee is comprised of both, Labor and Management Representatives. After interviews have been completed, all Applicants are ranked. Any Apprentices accepted for the five-year Apprenticeship Program will be taken from the list of Applicants on the Ranking List.
ALL APPLICANTS MUST:
1. Be 18 Years of age or older
2. Furnish a Birth Certificate or Passport
3. Furnish a High School Diploma or GED Certificate
4. High School Transcript from an accredited High School or G.E.D. Test Scores
5. Furnish Driver License
6. Furnish Social Security Card
7. If Veteran, furnish a copy of DD214
8. Satisfy the Educational Committee that you have the ability and aptitude to master the skills of the trade
9. Agree to attend night classes for the Five Year Term Apprenticeship
10. Agree to comply with the Standards of Apprenticeship.
$40.00 Non Refundable Application Fee Required
Apprentices attend a minimum of 248 hours of classroom training each year. Upon completion of the five-year program, each apprentice will receive a minimum of 1240 classroom hours plus approximately 10,000 hours of on-the-job training.
To be considered for the 2022 - 2023 School Year, candidate(s) must apply in person by
April 30, 2022, between the hours of 8:30A.M. to 3:30P.M.